This is the Pitmatics’ Electronic Press Kit
An exciting new folk band with roots in the mining songs and dialect of the north east, work songs and songs of the seas and waterways . Original and cover songs tell powerful stories with great arrangements, superb musicianship and stunning vocal harmonies.
“Absolutely spectacular – we have a bit of treasure in here tonight” – Sue Marchant, BBC Radio Cambridgeshire. 09/09/2018.
“..incredibly talented musicians playing both mining songs of old and their own original arrangements. A great foot tapping way to start the Saturday night line up!” Tessa O’Neill, Organiser, Dinglefest.
The band has collaborated with great artists like Julie Felix (The Frost Report, Once More with Felix) and Garry Blakeley (Feast of Fiddles, Mariners).
Mob: 07818 812978
- Ned Lawton: whistles, uilleann pipes, bodhran (Ragged Staff, Hartshead Pike)
- John Birkby: mandola, guitar, banjo (Peterborough Big Band, Sunday Suits and Muddy Boots, Depth that Varies)
- Phil Underwood: melodeons, concertina, banjo, guitar (Bill Bailey, Fishwives Choir, Creole Brothers)
- Heather Harding: keyboard, tenor horn, accordion (Precious Little Idols, Bauhaus)
- Caroline Riches: fiddle
- Denise Dryburgh: percussion
- All: vocals
Appearance on BBC Cambridgeshire: https://www.facebook.com/suembignightin/videos/229489707916176/?t=9
High Resolution: 8.9Mb JPEG
This page is under construction